Where Should Brands Go From Here?
Singapore, 15 July 2020 – Today, GroupM Commerce released the second installment of a two-part white paper, which details the e-Commerce implications for different brands as countries ease out of COVID-19 lockdown.
Part One explored the impact that COVID-19 has had on e-Commerce, looking at consumer and brand behaviour around the demand for specific product categories.
Based on our research, we suggested that brands should focus on three key areas, with part one detailing the first area: Management of Marketing Investment. Specifically, we recommended that advertisers should:
- Leverage the opportunities to advertise on e-Commerce platforms
- Maintain investment off-platform
- Start / continue to invest in “always-on”
Part Two goes on to make recommendations in the remaining two key areas:
- Operational Excellence in e-Commerce – this area provides recommendations for online store optimization for brands that fall into either of the following three segments: 1) accelerated, 2) decelerated, or 3) sudden e-Commerce demand.
- Development of Omni-channel Approaches – this area highlights the importance of brands adopting a true omni-channel approach, i.e. all marketing / purchasing channels creating one unified experience for customers, both online and offline.
Using this white paper as a guiding strategy, GroupM’s agencies will be able to leverage the analysis and recommendations for clients, and help brands navigate the rapidly changing behaviour of consumers as they continue to adjust to the disruptions of the pandemic.
GroupM is the world’s leading media investment company responsible for more than $50B in annual media investment through agencies Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. GroupM’s portfolio includes Data & Technology, Investment and Services, all united in vision to shape the next era of media where advertising works better for people. By leveraging all the benefits of scale, the company innovates, differentiates and generates sustained value for our clients wherever they do business.
COO, GroupM Asia Pacific